Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Whole Week Old Already? How can it be so?

I realized today, that our son is now a whole week old. How is it possible that just 7 days ago our entire life changed in every way? Every.Single.Way?

I used to inwardly chuckle at people who would talk about how their lives started to revolve around their children once they arrived into their family. Now I totally understand.

Yesterday, mother was sharing some of the horror stories that my sister has faced while working in a trauma ER at a local hospital in south Texas (basically on the border of Mexico). Many of the worst cases are actually problems or accidents that have occurred in Mexico and are brought to her hospital in the US by ambulance. It is incredibly heart wrenching to hear these stories, especially ones involving new babies or small infants. 

I had to ask my mother to stop sharing the stories and let her know I just didn't want to hear them anymore. It was too easy to imagine Freddy being in that situation and it was making me an emotional basket case. 

I would do anything to protect him - and I'm absolutely sure Steve would do the same. 

Just a week ago our lives completely changed. Completely. Totally. No doubt about it. 100% different now. 

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Christi said...

He's sounds so cute! can't wait to see him! ~Christi Taylor