Monday, December 22, 2008

Fred - Day 5 Update!

How is it possible that Fred is already 5 days old? (Side note, I can't believe I am one of those people talking about how 5 days is SO long, or SO short... sheeeesh!) He's doing great and we're all acclimating to each other's schedules. Here are the updates on Fred so far...

- He slept through most of the night last night like a champion. YAY!

- He holds his head up and likes to watch us. It's the first thing that amazes my (Heather's) mother. He's so young and has incredible neck/head strength. (By the way, we're still giving him the applicable and necessary support to his head/neck. We've just noticed that he holds his head up on his own too)

- Fred has super, super strong legs. It's the other thing that amazes my mother.

- He's quiet if I sing to him, even if he's in a fussy mood. That so, seriously, warms my heart!

- Yesterday, as we were having our family photos taken, Fred was in need of a diaper change. While in the process of changing his diaper, he decided he wasn't done and started to have an explosive "poopy" without a diaper on. ICK. The photos of it are HILARIOUS though. 

- He loves to have his Daddy cuddle with him. It's adorable to watch!

- Fred, by far, prefers to sleep on his side than on his back . He'll sleep for at least an extra hour or two if we put him down on his side (with supporters, not on his own) than he does if we put him down on his back.

I realize that these aren't particularly noteworthy items, and that everyones children/babies do these things eventually. However, Fred is the first grandchild for on Steve's side, and these things (as minute as they are) are exciting to his grandparents. So, we'll continue to share them with everyone. :)

We are doing Christmas cards, and are waiting for them to finish being printed. They'll be late, but they'll be sent. :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

me too, me too! send me one too!

Maija said...

They are very noteworthy! I am loving reading about how you are enjoying your new son!!

Heather said...

Did the photos work out??