Saturday, December 27, 2008

Independence... Parental Independence that is!

UGH! My mom is leaving us in the morning to return to her home and in South Texas. I truly don't know what we would have done without here here to guide us and help us out with the first 10 days of Fred's life! Seriously! 

She has talked us down off of so many ledges, and has let us know that the little things are completely normal. (Yes, his umbilical cord is supposed to look like that, or do that, or fall off like that. etc, etc etc.) Who knew that two grown adults (that would be Steve and I in case there is any question) would be so worried about being responsible for one little tiny person?

It's really kind of funny. I've baby sat oodles of children in my lifetime. I've bathed dozens of newborn infants. I've made hundreds of bottles and have changed countless diapers (explosive ones even). Why is it that when it comes to doing the same for my own child I get all flustered? In any case, Mom has been an incredible help to us, and we're truly grateful!

Thanks for being so awesome, Mom! You're an amazing woman and I seriously count myself blessed to be able to call you my mother!

ETA: 12:46pm 12/28 - I admit it. I bawled like a baby as I left my mom to walk through security today at the airport. I didn't realize it would be so hard to have her go! 

2 comments:

Charlene said...

It's OK your ready! He is huge! WOW big bean! Enjoy everyday.

daisiesforu said...

You are going to do just fine. We all love having our moms here. But it always so nice to have things back to yourself. Learning on your own. Mistakes will be made. The good things is they are young and will never know. LOL. Enjoy your little baby they grow so fast.