Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's Officially Official! We're Married!


Well, it's done! We're married! Saturday was a perfect day. The weather was AWESOME! It wasn't hot, and it wasn't cold. The sun shined all day, and there wasn't a cloud in sight. Everything else went perfectly according to plan and we wouldn't change a thing.

Well, maybe one thing. We're happy newlyweds, but we're both sick as dogs. I don't know what happened. I don't know how we both got sick. I can understand getting sick for myself - I was way stressed, not getting enough sleep, and I had oodles of things on my mind. And I'm sure Steve had lots of things going on too - but even he will admit that he wasn't as stressed out as I was. Regardless - we're both icky sicky. I ended up calling into work today (and even after i got up, dressed, and ready to go) because I felt so bad. Unfortunately, my doctor (Betty Chung-Grasty, MD - if you live in the DFW area and need a doc - she rocks) couldn't get me in today, but she can see me first thing tommorrow morning at 8:30am. I think Steve might piggy back and come with me. Whatever I have - he has too. So, lets get this thing knocked out once and for all!

Okay, back to the wedding. Seriously, everything was perfect. It was SO awesome having Jill, Sheri, Linette, Kimberlee, Bekki and Mom here to get all of the food and everything ready. I really utilized them to the absolute maximum. It was VERY cool having Joyce and Nicole here too. I really really enjoyed getting to know Nicole and spending time with her at Billy Bob's with Steve. She is a HOOT! It was great to have my brothers (Rob and Scott) here, and Tom was uber helpful with getting things situated Saturday morning. I really enjoyed having Russ here, and I KNOW Steve did too. Russ helped Steve fix the fence (I think it was the fence anyway... I really have no clue what they did out there).

Jeff was awesome and video recorded the wedding, and Joann was the ideal assistant to our photographer, Melissa. She also handled cutting the wedding cake for us. Heather B. and her husband Jack were fantastic at passing out the wedding programs and at taking background photos of everything at the wedding and through out the day. Pat H. really helped my mom and the other ladies in the kitched during the open house - and I don't know what we would have done without her.

I know there were lots of others who helped out - I'm terribly sorry if I forgot to mention you by name. My mind is still reeling from it all. We had a fantastic day - and it wouldn't have been the same without everyone who was there.

I'm going to try and post photos as I can.

Love,
Heather (& Steve)

No comments: