Tuesday, November 01, 2005

How time flies...

It's hard to realize that we've been married for a week now - well over a week actually! All of the family and company has returned to their homes. I'm working on unpacking, getting my studio situated, and setting up 'house'. We're trying to settle into "married life" and get things like chores, responsibilities, and our budget situated. It's nice that the wedding is over and now we can continue on with our lives together.

It's been fun finding storage spaces for the items we recieved as wedding gifts. It's been really fun using each item for the first time. Saturday morning, I made breakfast for Steve, Tom, & Andrew (Tom's friend and soon to be roommate) with our new wafflemaker. Yesterday, I made Garlic Chicken in our new crockpot. We used our new Food Saver to freeze some of the left over vegetables from the open house (I put them in soup kits!), and I can't wait to break into them later! We've had such fun going and buying the little things we needed for our home (a new phone - WAHOO!, etc) with the gift cards and money we've recieved. It has been SO fun - and INCREDIBLY appreciated!

It's even been fun to sit down and write the Thank You cards to everyone for our gifts. It's been great to reminisce and realize how generous our benefactors are! No, our cards haven't gone postal yet. We're waiting to send them until we can include one of our wedding photos - especially for our friends and family who were not able to make it to our wedding. So, look in your mailbox early next week! We should have the photos back in the next few days. By the time we have a few printed up and get the cards going postal it will be Thursday or maybe even Friday of this week! Oh fun tasks, fun tasks!

It's interesting though; part of me (in my crazy mind) is saying "now what?" I've been so focused on wedding plans for the last few months and it was hard to see past the wedding. Well now we're there. I guess we should make plans for the "what", eh?

Before I end today's post, a few have asked what my married name will be. My name will be Heather Ales (so, yes I'm having to change everything .... what fun... blah). My legal name however will be Heather Lynette Beste Ales. No, I'm not hypenating Beste Ales. I'm moving Beste into a second middle name spot. I'm rather attached to my name - I wasn't born with it you know. And it (they) chose me. My name is an important part of who I am. The new name, that's been added to it (Ales) is also an important part of who I now am, and more importantly where my life is and is going.

Love,
~ heather

No comments: