Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's Official! I'm exhausted!! :)

With only 5 full days remaining until our wedding day, it's no suprise that I am completely exhausted! Here are a few updates:

  • Steve finished tiling and grouting the master bathroom. He's ahead of the Ales traditional home repair schedule (set by his father, Russ) by at least two years. I am beyond thrilled. It gives me peace to know that I can go potty in the master bath and not have to walk to the other side of the house to do my "business."
  • The house is IMMACULATE! Thank you Christa, Pat, and Krista. They were a true Godsend! Saturday morning at 7am Christa and I started cleaning. We were soon joined by Pat and then by Krista (with her two darling kiddos). We scrubbed baseboards, scrubbed floors, washed windows, killed dozens of spiders, destroyed full cobweb communities, among many other tasks. The house looks great. I tried to put the fear of God into Steve about not messing it up. But, I don't think he can help himself. It comes naturally. This, is sure to be my biggest challenge in our marraige.
  • The photo mat (which guests will sign in lieu of a guest book) has finally been finished, and I have it in my hot hands. It really did turn out well.
  • The wedding program has been designed and now I only need to get it printed out. We've added a nice piece of vellum to the design. I'm not going to worry about cutting, folding, and assembling them until later this week. That will give the family arriving, something to do when they ask "what they can do to help."
  • The Proclaimation also arrived. We're passing them out at the wedding. They're going to be rolled and tied with red ribbon. That's also something I'm not worrying about accomplishing until later this week. It's a brainless task that we can do while we're chatting Thursday.
  • My pantry has been moved, and everything has been put away in the pantry over at Steve's. We won't be needing to do ANY grocery shopping for some time. It's amazing what you find when you clean things out! We are packed solid. I'll take a picture later. My mother should be beyond pleased.
  • I picked up my dress and the crinoline. They're hanging in the spare room at home and are ready to be worn. I need to remember to set out my shoes, underclothing, and pearl jewelry to wear on our wedding day too.
  • Moving my studio is in full effect. I can't believe how much stuff I have. It's incredible really. I'm having a "contest" on my personal blog (www.princessdallas.typepad.com) to see who can guess how many boxes it will take to get everything moved out. I had over 3o when I moved it all in - and I know my collection has grown since then. Significantly. This ought to be highly interesting!!
  • The smoking area for our smoking guests has been created, but not finished. I wanted a place outside where our smoking family/guests could go to 'git-er-done' but not do it in our home.
  • The front flower garden has been lined, covered, mulched, monkey grass planted. We purchased a few potted mums and I'll get them put into pots tommorrow (or Tuesday). It turned out really nice.

I think that is everything. I am completely exhausted. I got bit by a bug on Saturday, and my bite started to swell pretty big. So, I tool a benedryl to take care of it. I forgot that benedryl knocks me completely out. I managed to sleep right through church today. I am SO blaming it on the drugs. I really did intend to be there today!

~heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Steve - this is our offical RSVP to the wedding and reception for Gomez Family. We will not bring Jacob to the wedding, but what is your current child policy at the reception?
Love you lots, Suzanne.