Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Man, the expenses!!!

WOW.... You know. I definitely did not have a realistic view of how much it costs to have a wedding. I thought (at least in my happy little mind) that they were relatively inexpensive. And, mine should cost a LOT less than the average wedding. But, even with cutting corners, and expenses - it's expensive! It's the little things like getting a marriage license, your wedding attire, postage for invitations and announcements, travel arrangements and accomodations (that's a HUGE chunk) ... slowly it all adds up! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be getting married. I'm SO excited to begin my life with such an incredible man - but the costs!! No wonder people elope! And don't misunderstand, I'm excited, estatic even, that we're able to have our families come. They are the most important people we want there. SO, even though it's going to cost us - we're happy to do it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hear ya sista! We cut corners, did so much ourselves, and it was still over six grand! I swear, if anything has the word "wedding" or "bridal" attached to it, it's 10 times more expensive!!
~H