Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Taking time to smell (actually arrange) the roses

So, brilliant me decided to do all of our wedding flowers myself. Yes, I am directly related to Einstien, and Mr. Bean too. Of course, I'm thinking I'll do them myself because it will be SO much cheaper. (Which is true.) So, last night, I start searching around local craft stores for the floral choices I'll have at my disposal. I know I want my bouquet to have red roses, white stephanotis with pearl centers, and LOTS of Swarovski white crystals. I think that is all that will be in any of the arrangements. I don't think I want any greenery. I just want red, white, and bling. Hmmm... that sounds almost kind of patriotic! :) I can't find a photo of exactly what I want my bouquet to look like, but here are a few photos with the pieces I want to incorporate into it.

The first photo is basically my bouquet except that it will be in red, and will have crystals and the stephanotis in it too. SO, really the only thing you can get from the photo is the shape of the arrangement and the roses. :)

The second is an example of the stephanotis with pearl centers. I really like the pearls along the stems too. Very pretty!

The third photo is of a bouquet with pearls (imagine the pearls are crystals) in it, but the example is TOTALLY not of the arrangement I'm going to have. See, you have to envision all of my ideas!! :)

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather! I think the bouquet sounds beautiful! I used silk flowers at my wedding, and it was the best decision I made! Cost effective, and my bouquet still looks gorgeous!