Sunday, July 27, 2008

20 Weeks Down... 20 to Go

Yesterday marked our halfway point! In exactly 20 weeks from yesterday (or 5 months... however you want to look at it) we should have our new baby in our arms! Yikes! It seems like forever away and also RIGHT around the corner! Are we ready? Will we be ready? No... :)

The baby nursery and color scheme has been selected. We're going with a vintage airplane theme with light blue, dark blue, red and white colors. The nursery walls will soon be painted. The bottom 1/2 of the walls will be dark blue and the upper 1/2 will be light blue. A white chair rail will be between the two colors (which is already up and in that room anyway).

Why the theme? Well, I love all things vintage and well loved. It's rather difficult to have a vintage baby nursery when it's a boy... unless you go the vintage airplane route!! Additionally, my father's father (thus my grandfather) was an artist for the WWII airplanes. As a result we have some incredible pieces that my father has kept over the years (his brother has a few sets too). I've always been a huge fan of family and family tradition and especially in carrying on traditions. So, this seems like an appropriate way to add our son into many of our family traditions. Here is a photo of the nursery decor:


We aren't going with the cheesy lamps, wall hangings, mobile, etc... We are going with the crib set, the curtains, and the changing table cushion cover though. And I got it for SUCH a steal! All of the nursery furniture will be black (we already have some of it) and we've started to fill our registry due to the various requests from family out of the area.

I have a very visible 'baby bump' which cannot be entirely blamed on gas anymore - though the gas definitely attributes to it's size! Many of my clothes no longer fit, and I've started finding creative work wardrobe selections. There's only so much I can do though, you know?

Steve is full on excited and is getting geared up for his 'Baby Daddy' days. He thinks he'll be able to watch the baby all day long while I work, and then go to work himself at night. I'm waiting for reality to knock on the door for him. Theres no way he's going to be able to pull off both, and do them both well. If I go back to work, I would prefer to see our child in some kind of childcare, at least for half of the day, so that Steve can come home and get the quality sleep he will so desperately need. We'll see how it all ends up going down. :)

3 comments:

rachel said...

I always loved looking at G'pas artwork of the old planes. I'm sure the nursury will look beautiful. Congrats on making it halfway...it's all downhill from here!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I wish you luck on your new little bean. It was a pleasure running into you the other day at your scrapbook indoor sale. THanks for the great finds.
Here is a great website to also find baby cribbing -- www.babysupermall.com (no tax, free shipping over 100), also lonestar baby in NRH.
Terri

Christi said...

I thought a few of mine were the other sex than they were, and it just took me a couple of days to get used to it- and a few shopping trips! The nursery sounds too cute!