Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 in Review

Loved this idea when another friend posted it on her blog... and she borrowed it from a different friends blog too. Looks like a great way to wrap up 2005!

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: I had several - job, art, personal - and I managed to fulfill most of them.
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: No one... I was actually at home with my roommate (Steve had to work!).
3. Did it snow where you live?: I can't remember - I think it was cold though.
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: No, but it's officially become one of my "dreams".

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine?: Steve!
2. What did your valentine get you?: Nada! Well, he did take me to dinner, I guess that will have to count. (He has been instructed that going forward, SOME sign of preparation and valentine-y action IS required)
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Yep... but I think they required us to give one to everyone!

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? I think I am partially!
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: Of course! I bruise way too easily to worry about getting pinched!
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: I don't think I did anything special.

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain?: If I have someone fun to stay indoors with!
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: Hmmm I don't think so. If anything it would probably have been a prank on my mother.
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: No... I ate lots of sugar free jello though!

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: Pink Stargazer Lilies (but I love almost all flowers!)
2. Do you like the spring? Loooooove it! There's just something about everything starting new, flowers popping up, everything coming out green - gives me major mojo and SERIOUS energy!
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": seasonal allergies. (Thank you - Thank you very much!)
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: Pinks, Yellows, Blues

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school?: 1993 for High School.
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: I think thats when Steve took me to California. I also went to a few scrapbooking conventions to teach at... not really vacation but definitely not work either

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of july? Went with Steve to JoAnne & Ken's house for a cookout with friends.
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: A few scrapbooking conventions to teach at... not really vacation but definitely not work either.

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Nope!
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?: Spending time with Steve and losing weight.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: Not once!
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: Ummmm I went to the beach in California, but it wasn't the typical beach! It was COLD!

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?: Nope. Not unless you count CKU-A!
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?: Loved my high school english/literature teacher Mr. Rubberneck Roberts. He taught me so much and was very influential.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: Yes... I HATE summer. It's freakin' hot in Texas!

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever?: All the cool ones my mom would make for me.
2. What's your favorite candy?: Sweedish Fish and Haribo Gummy Bears
3. What did you dress up like this year? Nothing! Wait! I went to work as a hockey fan (any excuse to wear jeans on a non-Friday!)

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: No where! I stayed home and cooked an entire Thankgiving meal for our guests!
2. Do you like stuffing?: Mmmmm... YES!
3. What are you thankful for?: My health, my family, my friends, HUSBAND!!

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: YES!!! Christmas Day though is always very low-key. It's a casual day, focus is on comfort, family, and the reason for Christmas!
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: Yes.
3. What did you want this year for christmas?: :-) Lets just say Santa delivered!4. What's the best present you ever got for christmas?: My husband, Steve!
5. Do you like cold weather?: It's better than HOT weather, but it seems like I'm ALWAYS cold! ALWAYS!
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?: Started out with my birthday as about a 6, wrapping up as a perfect 10.

No comments: