Thursday, September 22, 2005

Shoes, Shoes, and MORE Shoes!

Okay, so I admit it. I love shoes. Make that flip-flops. I adore them. I love how you can find fun sparkly ones. I love how society has made flip flops more acceptable in the business environment. I love that they're not just for wearing around the swimming pool anymore or in the shower. THey're just fun - and COMFORTABLE. I have them with sequins. I have them with turquoise beaded on them. I have them plain. I have them with rhinestones. I have them with flowers. I have them with ribbon - and I love them all.

A co-worker bought me a pair of bridal flipflops as a gift. I HAVE to wear them on my wedding day - they are SO me.

Admittedly, Steve hates flip flops. Actually, he hates it when I wear them. They don't have any support for your feet, and the noises that emit when I wear them is irritating. I tried to make a deal with him though. He's been working on tiling the master bathroom for a while now. Make that 5 or 6 (or 7 or 8) months. I've been bugging him to finish it and it hasn't happened yet. Months ago, he used to joke (before we were engaged) that if I was lucky, he'd finish it up as a wedding present (har de har har). I told him that if he finished the bathroom up, I'd stop wearing flip flops for the rest of the year. I even changed that to not wearing flip flops for a full calendar year - from the time he finished it. But, alas - the tiling remains unfinished. However, I've been promised that it will be done sometime within the next week or so.

No comments: