Thursday, September 22, 2005

Saying I love you...

Warning: Mushy content in today’s post!

So, this morning on my way into work, I was listening to a Pop Radio Station, and they were playing a re-made version of “More than Words” originally by the group Extreme. Normally, I don’t listen to the words, I just bop along with the tune and drive along. For some reason, today, I listened to the words – and started to cry. Here are the words that stuck out the most to me:

Saying I love you, is not the words I want to hear from you

It's not that I want you not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel.
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
’Cuz I'd already know.

Steve is SO fantastic. He tells me he loves me, and he also does things to show me that he loves me. I am SO lucky and blessed to have him in my life – and to be his wife (in only one month from today!!). He does the most amazing things for me, and he goes out of his way (in a HUGE way) to do things for me. For instance, he’s been driving over to my storage unit and getting truck loads of my stuff from the storage unit – and bringing it to his house. AND he’s been doing it for a few weeks. He finished it all up yesterday with help from his brother – when it was Steve’s day off from work.

Steve does so many things for me. He puts together furniture, he starts to paint my studio, he goes to the health food store and buys me a case of my protein drink. He doesn’t laugh (too hard) when I’m having an emotional moment, and he lets me bawl when I slam my finger into the garage door – and he takes care of me. He snuggles with me, and naps with me. He calls me his "Heatherbear" (and I LOVE it!!). He’s one heck of a great guy – and I love him more than my words show too.

I am THE luckiest girl in the world!

No comments: