Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Four Weeks!

It's now been 4 weeks since Fred joined our world! I can't imagine a better way to celebrate my birthday than with him celebrating his 4 week arrival anniversary! The love we have for him continues to grow to levels which amaze us. As far as his progression, he's right on target with his development. Here are the things which I can immediately remember:

~ Fred doesn't fight as much when it comes to bath time. Up until today, he would scream bloody murder when he was put into the water. Today he didn't give me a fight and just enjoyed it for the short time it took to get him clean. He also didn't fight me when it came to 'lubing him up' (lotioning his body). That may be because I made sure the lotion was extra warm (Relax - I warm it in my hands).

~ Fred is starting to sleep a bit more. However, he also fights sleep. I am SO grateful when he finally does fall to sleep and either try to catch up on my own sleep or get a few things done around the house.

~ Fred has been a bit congested this week. We purchased a humidifier for his room, and have learned the fine art of suctioning out his nose. He absolutely hates having his nose suctioned, but it's important to get it out. Did you know they have Baby Vicks now? AND... the whole baby pharmeceutical market is nuts! There's a million different baby nasal saline drops, and cold items. 

~ Fred has started to enjoy Tummy Time more. Whew! 

~ It is commonly believed that we've seen Fred's first smile. I am not totally believing it, as it was not to Steve or I, but to our good friend Jeff. Aaaack! I so deserve the first smile. With that in mind, I have (in my mind) gotten a few real smiles out of him. It's either that or he has a LOT of gas when we're playing. :)

~ Fred has started to scoot himself forward when he's on his back. In weeks past, we'd put him onto his back in his crib for bed, and he would be in the very same spot when we would go to get him later. Now, we often find him in new and interesting spots.

~ Fred has started holding up his head for longer periods of time and is much steadier. Not to worry, we still give him the proper neck and head support! 

I'm working to upload more Freddy photos to our Flickr account. You can find them by clicking on Freddy's Photo's over on the right side bar under Photos. I have cropped and resized the photos to be 4"x6" so that they're easier for you to view or reprint if you would like.

Here are a few more short movies for your viewing pleasure. They're just silly videos, but I hope you enjoy them!

The first one cracks me up. It is SO typical Fred. He'll be calm and chilled out. Then, out of no where, we'll hear a couple of coughs and then a yell. As soon as we look at him, he's back to beig calm and chilled out! Fred's in his "chillaxing" aka vibrating seat.


Here's another one. I tried to get him to smile, but he would have none of it. The look on his face makes me think he's wanting to tell me to get the camera out of his face. I remind myself of my father, making up songs that are completely ridiculous in hopes that they'll my child smile. I need to work harder at the smile thing - this song definitely isn't it. However, it does make Steve and I laugh!


I'll be updating our site on Saturday, with Fred's one month photos and letter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can never tell you how much I appreciate and love the updates! You make beautiful babies and I so can't wait to hold, kiss and snuggle him, he is precious. The videos are a riot and I love them too, keep up the singing ones they are to funny. I love you all, give Freds a hug from Gamma.