Friday, November 04, 2005

I married a Stud!

Okay, so maybe he's not a stud to the rest of you - but he is to me! He woke me up this morning (it was the first of his days off) and asked me to get up (it was at least an hour earlier than I normally get up - and on a work day too!!!). I started questioning him as to what could be wrong.

Me: What time is it?
Steve: It's only a little bit before you need to get up. (I guess he doesn't understand snooze buttons)
Me: Is the house on fire?
Steve: No, the house is fine.
Me: Are you okay?
Steve: I'm fine. I'm okay. There's nothing wrong.
Me: Why do you want me to get up?
Steve: Just trust me.
My thoughts: Okay, so it's WAY early in the morning, and he's asking for TRUST??

So, I get up, and he leads me into the kitchen. He had prepared everything to make me breakfast! He asks, "Do you want scrambled eggs plain or with cheese?". Awww how sweet. How could be I be cranky so early in the morning when he has gone out of his way to make me a nice, and absolutely delightful breakfast?? So, I sat at the table trying to locate my coherence, while he made us breakfast.

While we were eating, I asked him what made him decide to make breakfast for me. His answer was "well, I read that I need to invest in the things that matter - and I want us to have a long happy marraige." How freaking sweet!!! (He's been reading my copy of Steven Covey's 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People'. I don't think I've actually ever read the whole thing - so he's gotten MAJOR points from me!!)

I am so lucky! I married a wonderful man! He's [normally] thoughtful and wonderful. He took awesome care of me yesterday while I was recovering from my dentist appointment and the procedures I had to endure (I'm a dental wuss!)

And of course - I'm assuming that the breakfast mess will be cleaned up when I get home!

Love,
~heather

No comments: