Sunday, September 25, 2005

WOW..... 28 days left until our wedding

I was SO prepared to be productive this weekend. But, then Hurricane Rita decided to threaten us. Not just us, but our gas supply. So, my weekend with Heather B. fell through. Actually I cancelled it. I didn't want to have to worry about finding somewhere to buy gas for my car when every single gas station I passed on my way to work on Friday (and on my way home too!) was out of gasoline.

My plan included getting the invitations assembled (but the printer had other ideas), and getting my flowers done. I did manage to get most of the flower shopping finished (don't forget I'm doing silk flowers instead of live), but I didn't get any of the actual arranging done. I think I'm going to stray from my original design and am going to include red hydrangeas in my bridal bouquet. The corsages and bouts will still have roses and I think my bridal bouquet will have rose too, but I'm adding hydrangeas.

Christa and I went over to Steve's to check out how the house was going to have to be laid out for the open house, and with her help we managed to get a few other things done too.

Otherwise, the wedding plans are still in FULL motion and going full stream ahead. We're seriously thinking about having a violinist and cellist play at the wedding instead of using the Knot's wedding CD. It would be absolutely LOVELY I think! I'll let you know how that pans out.

Mom and I have been finalizing the Open House menu, and getting the grocery lists ready (we're list people). Everything that will be used to decorate for the open house has been purchased. Now, I need to get my stuff from storage unpacked - and then get the open house stuff set up. My sweet friend Krista and Christa (my roommate) have agreed to come over to Steve's with me the Saturday before the wedding to scour the house. It will be spick and span for the wedding, and Steve is on STRICT orders to not mess ANYTHING up.

tomorrow we pick up Steve's suit (seriously, he's HOT in it!) and Saturday I pick up my dress from the seamstress (or as the suit dude tells me, they're Tailors - not seamstresses. It's an insult to call a tailor a seamstress... okay. whatever. Sorry to offend.... blah!). My veil and tiara should be here any day, and I have my shoes. So, we're both set to go.

Does anyone have any wedding program examples? I know I can do a Google search on wedding programs, but I wonder what you've done that was uber cool, or saw that was just plain neat.

The only major things left to do are:

~ GET THE INVITATIONS OUT! Could I make this any more bold?? They'll be in the mail on Tuesday though, so keep your eyes open. (Side note - they're being mailed in red envelopes. When I designed the inviations, I didnt think about finding lined envelopes or envelopes that were thicker than 24lb. Everything showed right through the white envel0pes, so I switched to red. I know it's not proper - but you'll get over it.) I have all of the supplies to get the invitations assembled, so thats what Steve and I will end up doing Monday night after everything else is done. We're going to get the photos back from the photographer tomorrow evening, and they'll be printed and in the invitations by Tuesday!

~ Get the master bathroom tile finished (This would be a Steve project. He's been otherwise occupied over the last few weeks helping me out, so I can't give him TOO much grief. But, it HAS to get done this week. If not, I'm going to do it myself - and that won't be a pretty thing.

~ Get the flowers done. (that would be 1 bridal bouquet, 8 or 9 corsages and 6 bouts. I am SO feeling a movie night coming on!).

~ Get the cake ordered (I've been working on this for what seems like FOREVER! But, I think I might have found someone who can do exactly what I want in a cake - will keep you posted!)

~ Get the front garden covered with mulch, and hang new flowering plants on the plant hooks. (Mulch is THE best at covering up stuff! Note to self: even Martha utilizes mulch!)

~ Get the wedding program written and printed.

~ We're going to have copies of the proclamation for wedding attendee's. So, they should soon be here and they'll need to be rolled and have the wedding ribbon tied around them.

Okay, what am I forgetting????? HELP!

No comments: