Friday, September 30, 2005

All is well...

The invitations have started getting delivered - we recieved our first phone call confirming it! Steve - ever the wonderstud - got them to the post office yesterday and the first recipients have reportedly gotten theirs! So, the RSVP numbers should start rolling in....

You know, all things considered, planning is going quite well for our wedding. I've received numerous compliments and comments about doing the wedding "by myself." Because my family doesn't live in the area, and I haven't lived in the DFW metroplex for very long (just over 3 years) I don't have a lot of tight friends. We don't have the money to hire a professional, and with the experience I've gained by planning activities and other socials, I didn't even think about hiring someone. Sometimes, I wish we had.

But overall, things are right on target, and everything should run quite smoothly for our wedding. The only things we really have left to do are:
  • Flowers (Bridal boquet, Grooms Bout., Toss Boquet,Corsages, and guys bouts)
  • Wedding Program (designed, but not all of the details are carved in yet)
  • Thank You cards (also designed, but not printed yet - no I'm not making them. Thats too much work for my tight schedule).
  • Clean Steve's house (thanks to a few awesome friends, this will be done on Oct. 15th)
  • Verify/Finalize wedding music - we are hoping to have a violinist and cellist play. If not, we'll use a CD.
  • Order photo mat for Open House. We're going to invite our guests to sign a large photo mat instead of having a guest book. Inside it, we'll have an 8x10 photo of us, and we'll display it in our home. Fun ide! Thanks to Michelle F.H. for doing it at her wedding.

Everything else is done... I think.

  • Our attire is squared away (picking up my dress tommorrow morning. Steve's suit is done (and boy does he look GOOD in it!). I do need to take his shirt to be dry cleaned, but thats nothing big.
  • The botanical garden is reserved.
  • The invitations have gone postal.
  • Rings have been purchased and are here.
  • Plane tickets have been purchased and hotel accomodations reserved.
  • Decorations for the open house (not much... really it's going to be simple - like we want it) have been aquired.
  • Menu for the open house has been decided. Now I need to make the master grocery/purchasing list and get that done.

The only major items we have to get done, which aren't directly wedding related are:

  • Unpacking my storage unit stuff.
  • Move my papercrafting studio over to Steve's and keep it organized/tidy. (this could be an incredibly huge task!!)
  • Move my bedroom over to Steve's (this can't happen until a few days before the wedding anyway... so I'm just playing it easy..)
  • Get the cars cleaned.
  • Clean up Steve's front flower garden (yeah! for mulch!!)

Am I missing something? I think everything is squared away... what did you forget for your wedding?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got my invitation today and my RSVP will be coming shortly.

Jenn